Sunday, April 14, 2013

Take-Home Whitening

This is a good way to whiten teeth if you are okay with wearing plastic trays with bleaching gel in it varying from 30mins - 8hours a day consistently for 5-10 days.

Your Dentist will take impressions of your upper and lower teeth and make plastic trays that mold/fit over your teeth. The next time you go in, you'll get some bleaching gel in syringes with the finished bleaching trays for your teeth.

The gel is placed in the tray and then inserted over your teeth. Excess gel must be wiped clean. I'm personally not a fan of this method. I'm not crazy about swallowing bleaching gels and as I mentioned in my post about worn down teeth, my teeth can't handle it.

This method, though, is great for those who just don't have the time and need to do things on the go or during their sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment